- HMC only permits the use of the media content free of charge for journalistic and editorial purposes for the illustration or presentation of news reports intended to inform the public about Hamburg Messe und Congress GmbH, its trade fairs, exhibitions, events and congresses in all media, especially printed matter, short films, websites, etc. as long as no reference is made to services and products or other items offered by identifiable suppliers and/or to such suppliers.
HMC shall not be liable for claims substantiated by illegal use of the media content. This exclusion of liability shall not apply if HMC is itself guilty of wilful intent or gross negligence.
- The media content may only be edited/changed to the extent permissible by law. This shall also apply to montages and electronic adaptations of any kind and to the use of excerpts.
- Users are required to cite the photo credit/copyright notice relating to the respective media content as stated on the server in every publication. The note must be directly added to the relevant media content. Collective citations are allowed by way of exception if they enable the copyright mention to be clearly and easily associated with the relevant media content. Exceptions can be approved in writing in individual cases by the Press and PR department or the Public Relations department of HMC.
- Users are required to send HMC, at the request of the Press and PR department or the Public Relations department of HMC, two specimen copies of all instances of use of the media content, irrespective of the form in which it was used (e.g. printed publications, online link), and to do so forthwith and free of charge.
- HMC cannot guarantee the constant availability of the media content nor shall it accept liability for errors, system errors or system failures. This exclusion of liability shall not apply if HMC is itself guilty of wilful intent or gross negligence.
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall be the applicable law. The agreed place of jurisdiction for disputes – insofar as legally permissible – shall be Hamburg.